I've been having this feeling that I haven't felt in a long time. I feel confident, I feel comfortable in my own skin (well, for the most part), I feel emotionally healthier which is literally, a godsend because I didn't think my heart could heal from everything that happened and I feel like something good is going to happen this year. You can hope for things but some things, you just have to make happen so I'm not going to hope, wish, think about it.. I'm just going to live each day and see what happens. (but in the back of mind, I am hoping for that something good to happen)
Between becoming a mom and going through an awful, heartbreaking "break-up", the way I feel about people and different things has changed completely.
and I put "" around break-up because it was never officially ended. I don't wish this kind of situation on anyone. It leaves nothing but confusion, anger, resentment, too many tears, too many sleepless nights and heartbreak where it feels like your chest is burning all the time. My son and I were completely abandoned, screwed and left for a band and another girl (and when I say girl, I mean literally a girl that was barely legal).
and because of this I have learned:
*I am a better person
*My son is in a better home environment
*We are going to be okay
That is why I'm starting to feel a lot better.. Because it's been a year and it's time for me just MOVE ON and focus on my son and myself. I feel that if I tell my story (even if no one reads or listens), at least I get it off my chest and maybe, hopefully, it will help someone along the way that was unfortunate to experience the same situation.
lovealways.
you are so strong shana. keep your head up and your heart open (but protected!) and i know something amazing will come your way. you're too good of a person for it not to. :)
ReplyDeleteyou're so sweet ashley! you're such a great friend and person :)
DeleteI hear you bestie!!! You are so strong and I'm so proud of you for trooping through such a rough time. You and Gavin are better off and loved by so many :)
ReplyDeletethank you for the sweet and encouraging words!! i'd be more a mess without you!
Deletei'm very grateful to have you ladies in my life!
ReplyDelete