"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Sometimes, it takes
awful news/tragic events to truly appreciate life. But then, time goes on and
it goes to the back of your mind. When it happens to someone close to you, it
affects you even more. One of my aunts has been diagnosed with breast cancer and
as I'm typing this, my heart just sinks. No one deserves to go through
this but she is literally a woman that is one of the most beautiful (and
strongest) women I have the privilege of knowing and having as a family member.
I keep sending positive thoughts/vibes/prayers for her and the family. I think
with her passion for life, her positive mind-set, love, and unconditional love
& support from all of us in the family (and friends), she can kick this
thing in the ass!
I have learned that
life (and our bodies, think about it) is so fragile and strong at the same
time. What I'm trying to say is; I'm going to take chances, do what I
want/need, forgive & forget (well as much as possible), appreciate everyday,
follow my dreams and make them a reality. We have this one life (as far as we know) to do things right and really LIVE so why do we waste it on focusing on the negative things, being upset, fighting, etc.? That is just one (of the millions)of life's mysteries.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!
Beautiful post shana! My heart goes out to your aunt! She's going to have an amazing support system from you and your parents. Sending lots of love your way!!
ReplyDeletethanks kathleen! :) sending lots of love your way too!
ReplyDelete